A single pack waterproof polyurethane adhesive.
PURBOND is an adhesive supplied by DRIVE Marine Services for bonding timber, semi-porous and non-porous surfaces. Once you have experienced PURBOND's superior adhesive qualities where a strong, waterproof bond is required you will throw glues like PVA and aquahere away. Purbond works best where there is no gap and there is mechanical clamping.
Purbond Information Sheets
Features of PURBOND are:
- PURBOND has High adhesive strength
- PURBOND DOES NOT suffer creep in stressed joints
- PURBOND is suitable for use on damp surfaces
- PURBOND DOES NOT leave a glue line like PVA glues or Epoxy
- PURBOND application is to one surface only, coverage 200 - 250 ml per square metre
- PURBOND is 100% waterproof, that withstands 72 hour boiling water test, guaranteeing waterproof bonds.
- PURBOND sets in 1 - 2 hours, fully cured in 24 hours
- PURBOND is invisible in close fitting glue lines
- PURBOND contains no volatile or flammable ingredients
- PURBOND sands easily and does not blunt cutting tools
- PURBOND has a better bond if moisture applied to surfaces being bonded
- PURBOND will gap fill but has no strength where gaps are present
- PURBOND can be applied direct from the bottle
PURBOND will stick to almost anything except poly plastics (although even this can be achieved if desperate, talk to us). It will successfully glue difficult surfaces such as:
- Aluminium, Stainless steel and other metals
- Timber including oily and oxidising timbers such as Teak, Huon Pine, Jarrah & Eucalypts
- Brick and Concrete
Most of the above require special techniques to achieve good results.
Call us for advice for your unique requirements.
There are other Polyurethane Glues in the marketplace, but PURBOND has the following advantages over them:
- PURBOND has a chemical additive that achieves chemical as well as mechanical bond, to glue exotic materials that the others will not touch.
- That is why it is always important to wipe the surfaces being glued with a cloth dampened with water.
- Try gluing some aluminium or stainless steel together in a lap joint without wiping a damp cloth over the surface. The joint will easily pull apart.
- PURBOND comes with a detailed Tips Sheet when purchased from us based on our practical experience. Also, we are only a phone call away for product support.
- PURBOND comes in sizes from 125ml to 200 litres. Therefore you only buy what you need and do not end up wasting product because it is too old and goes off.
- If you are using a polyurethane make sure you know the manufacture date. PURBOND has the date marked on each container.
- Polyurethane glues have a shelf life as plastic is not waterproof and over 18 months to 2 years moisture will permeate through the container and the glue will then quickly go off. Other brands do not have a manufacture date marked on each container. We always have fresh PURBOND available.
Expanda-van-homes used purbond polyurethane adhesive to glue the specially manufactured wall and roof panels together. The techniques used are patented and PURBOND was selected after two years of testing as it proved superior in adhering the panels as:
- It will not melt foam
- Superior adhesion on aluminium and mild steel sheeting to foam.
- It will not creep. Therefore ensuring the panels will not delaminate during transportation to site.