Boatcraft offers a range of kits and plans, ranging from small boats, to cruisers, to catamarans.
The distinctive design of the Queensland Moreton Bay cruisers and the Halvorsen cruisers from NSW has been incorporated into this motor launch commissioned from our Sydney based naval architect David Payne. With many appropriate semi protected waterways around Australia, this is an ideal boat for leisurely weekend and holiday cruising.
- The result has been a boat featuring a high bow to ride over the waves rather than punch through them, a fine deep Vee entry to soften the ride, and a good straight run aft for optimum planing performance. The high bow with its good reserve buoyancy also prevents nose dives in a following sea. The Oceaneer has a fully self draining cockpit floor, supported by buoyancy foam as an important additional safety feature, making the boat unsinkable.
It has all the features of much larger boats, cleverly designed into a compact economical craft.. The boat is also available as a comfortable live-aboard power cat. It will have particular appeal to both private owners, and to hire fleet operators seeking a small economical easily handled boat. The vessel, from multihull designer Ashley Holliday, is based on the highly efficient Thruster hull form. These narrow, low resistance hulls are very easily driven, and with their long waterline they provide exceptional stability and performance.
- 6.5M Woodwind Catamaran
- 7.3m Breton Strip Plank Bridgedeck Catamaran
- 8.2 m Backslash Catamaran
- 8.3m Catamaran
- 9M Groundeffect Catamaran Plans
- 9m Sine Wave Catamaran
- 9.1 m Woodwind Catamaran
- 10.2m Catamaran
- 10m Wildside Catamaran
- 10.3m Woodwind Catamaran
- 11 Metre Catamaran
- 11.88m Catamaran
- 12m Simpson Catamaran
- 12.01m Simpson Catamaran
- 12.2m Woodwind Catamaran
Michael Storer Plans and Kits
- Quick Canoe by Michael Storer - Plans & Instruction Book
- Eureka 155 Touring Canoe by Michael Storer, Plan or Kit
- Handy Punt by Michael Storer Plans & Instruction Book
- Goat Island Skiff by Michael Storer Plans & Instruction Book
Ian Oughtred Plans and Kits
The wooden boat revival has been a long time coming, but now it has arrived, there is one name that stands out above all others: Iain Oughtred. A former dinghy racer turned boatbuilder and designer, Iain developed a cult following both for the beauty of his designs and the quality of the drawings. Challenging the view that building boats was the province of the wealthy, he created exceptionally appealing yet inexpensive wooden boats ideal for amateur construction, often basing the designs on traditional local craft. Still going strong, his designs now number more than 100 and are built around the world by amateurs and professionals alike.
- Iain Oughtred. A Life In Wooden Boats. Book.
- Clinker Plywood Boatbuilding Manual. Iain Oughtred.
- Lapstrake Plywood Boat Design Catalogue- Iain Oughtred
- Tammie Norrie by Iain Oughtred; 13' 6" Clinker Dinghy.
- Puffin by Iain Oughtred; 10' 2" Clinker Dinghy.
- Humble Bee by Iain Oughtred 7' 9" Clinker Pram Dinghy